1998 Ford F150 4.6 Oil Type: Maintaining a 1998 Ford F-150 4.6 engine running efficiently is vital to ensure long and hassle-free longevity. The most essential routine maintenance job you could complete is to change regularly the engine oil.
With so many brands and types of oil in the market it can be difficult to determine which is suitable for your particular vehicle.
In this article I’ll go over all you must know about selecting the best oil to use on your 1998 Ford F-150 4.6, including:
- Type of oil: Ford recommends using SAE 5W-20 synthetic oil on the majority of 1999 F-150 models. You may have to select a different type based on the climate and driving conditions.
- Capacity of oil: The oil capacity of the 1998 Ford F-150 4.6 engine is 6 quarts. But, it’s better to refer to your owner’s manual to determine the exact capacity of your particular model.
- The oil filter: Ford suggests using the ACDelco PF2135G filter for the majority of models in 1998. F-150 models. There are different compatible oil filters that are available.
- Cost of oil change: The cost of an oil change on a 1998 Ford F-150 4.6 varies depending on the location and the type of oil being used. You can however expect to pay between $75 and $100 when you visit a dealer or service center. You could also save money by completing your own oil changes.
1998 Ford F150 4.6 Oil Type
Ford suggests using SAE 5W-20 synthetic oil for the 1998 Ford F-150 4.6 engine. Synthetic oil offers better protection against wear and tear than conventional oils, and it also flows better in colder weather.
However, you might have to select a different type based on the environment as well as the driving environment. For instance, if you reside in a very cold climate, then you might prefer a heavier oil, like five-way-30, or 10-way-30. If you are a trucker or tow large loads, you might need to consider using a more powerful oil.
1998 Ford F150 4.6 Oil Capacity
Its 1998 Ford F150 4.6 engine has an oil capacity of 6 quarts. This is the entire amount of oil required to change the oil, which includes the filter for oil.
Be aware that this is only a general guideline. It is recommended to look up the owner’s manual for the exact capacity of oil for your vehicle.
Remember that the capacity of oil can differ slightly based on the kind of oil you choose to use and also if you’ve made any adjustments to your vehicle.
1998 Ford F150 4.6 Oil Filter
The recommended oil filter for a 1998 Ford F150 4.6 engine is the Motorcraft FL-500S, designed to effectively capture debris and maintain high-speed engine performance.
Here are some more well-known options for oil filters in the 1998 Ford F150 4.6:
- Fram PH8A
- Purolator PL10241
- ACDelco PF4600
- Wix 57711
- K&N HP-2010
When selecting one of the oil filters, it’s essential to choose one that is the proper size and model for your engine. Also, you should ensure that the filter is constructed of high-quality components.
1998 Ford F150 4.6 Oil Change
- Position the truck on a level surface.
- Turn off the engine and allow it to cool down.
- Unfasten the hood and locate the oil fill cap. Remove and set it aside.
- Position an oil drain pan underneath the oil drain plug located on the bottom of the oil pan.
- Use a socket or wrench to loosen the oil drain plug. Take care, as the oil may be hot.
- Allow the oil to fully drain from the pan.
- Once the oil has completely drained, reattach the drain plug and tighten it to the specified torque.
- Remove the old oil filter. Be cautious, as it may contain hot oil.
- Apply a thin coat of new oil to the gasket of the new oil filter.
- Hand-tighten the new oil filter until it’s snug.
- Remove the funnel from the oil filler neck and add fresh oil to the engine.
- Replace the cap on the oil filler.
- Start the engine and let it run for a few minutes.
- Ensure the oil is at the correct level and add more oil if necessary.
- Turn off the engine and close the hood.
FAQ 1998 Ford F150 4.6 oil type
What type of oil does a 2005 Ford F-150 take?
Amsoil recommends using 0W-20 motor oil for maximum performance and 5W-20 oil for general performance. The oil filter should be changed every 25,000 miles. When changing the oil, the drain plug requires 17 pound-feet of torque. The 2005 Ford F-150 with a V-8 4.6-liter engine, could hold up to 6.1 quarts of oil.
How many quarts of oil does a 2000 Ford F150 take?
The 2000 F-150 with a 4.6-liter V-8 engine had a capacity of 6.1 quarts of oil. The filter needed to be changed every 25,000 miles.
How much oil does a 2010 Ford F-150 hold?
In 2004, it became the first truck to provide a rear-hinged access panel to allow easy entry into behind-seat storage for Regular Cab trims. The 2010 Ford F-150, with a V-8 4.6-liter engine, can hold up to 6.1 quarts of oil. Amsoil recommends using 0W-20 motor oil for maximum performance and 5W-20 oil for general performance.
What type of oil should I use in my AMSOIL truck?
Amsoil recommends using 0W-20 motor oil for maximum performance and 5W-20 oil for general performance. The oil filter should be changed every 25,000 miles. When changing the oil, the drain plug requires 17 pound-feet of torque.
People Also search for 1998 Ford F150 4.6 oil type
|recommended oil for Ford F150
|1996 f150 4.9 oil type
|98 f150 4.6 oil capacity
|98 f150 oil type
|2003 ford f150 oil change
|2003 f150 4.2l oil type
|1995 ford f150 oil type
Thank you for taking the time to read this article about the 1998 Ford F150 4.6 oil type 🚗 I hope you find it useful and informative. 😊
The recommended type of oil for the 1998 Ford F150 4.6 engine is 5W-20 motor oil. However, it remains crucial to consult your owner’s manual for the recommended oil type and viscosity tailored to your specific vehicle.
Regularly changing your oil is one of the most effective ways to ensure your engine runs smoothly and increase its longevity.
I recommend following the directions in this post for changing your oil each between 5,000 and 7,500 miles or more frequently if you travel in sandy or dusty conditions.
In case you’ve got any comments or questions I invite you to comment in the comments section below. I’m always here to assist you.😊
Enjoy your day! ☀️
For more posts visit our website: https://engineoiil-capacity.com/
At SM CAR CARE, we are dedicated to providing top-quality maintenance and repair services for vehicles of all types. As part of our commitment to keeping our customers informed, we have created a blog that focuses on engine oil types and capacities for different vehicles. Our team of experienced mechanics has a deep understanding of the importance of choosing the right engine oil for a car, knowing the correct oil capacity for each vehicle, and understanding the impact that oil type can have on engine performance.
We created this blog to share our expertise with vehicle owners who want to keep their cars running smoothly and efficiently. Our blog covers a range of topics related to engine oil, including the engine oil capacity for various cars, the importance of using the right oil type, and the impact that engine oil prices can have on overall vehicle health.