Hyundai i20, PB (2008 – 2012) Engine Types And Engine Oil Capacity
Hyundai i20 2008 – 2012 Engine Oil Capacity: Welcome friends. Are you a user of the Hyundai i20, PB? Are you looking for a Hyundai i20, PB service, and maintenance? Here I mentioned all detail about the Hyundai i20, PB engine oil capacity.
Which oil is important for your motor? Here you get oil grade and oil change intervals. For all details and service costs, see the below table.
Hyundai i20 engine oil capacity, Hyundai i20 diesel engine oil,i20 petrol engine oil grade, grand i10 diesel engine oil grade, engine oil for elite i20 diesel, best engine oil for Hyundai i20 Crdi, grand i10 diesel engine oil grade Capacity/Filter, Oil Change Intervals, Hyundai service cost calculator, Hyundai car service schedule.
|Engine||Engine oil Capacity||Oil Grade||Oil Change Intervals||Service Cost|
|i20 1.2i (2008 – 2010)||G4LA||3,5 l||Synthetic 5w30||20 000 km / 12 months||5000/10000|
|i20 1.2i (2010 – 2012)||G4LA||3,5 l||Synthetic 5w30||20 000 km / 12 months||5000/10000|
|i20 1.2i (2012 – )||Kappa||3,6 l||20 000 km / 12 months||5000/10000|
|i20 1.4i (2008 – 2010)||G4FA||3,3 / 0,3 l||Synthetic 5w30||15 000 km / 12 months||5000/10000|
|i20 1.4i (2010 – 2012)||G4FA||3,3 l||Synthetic 5w30||15 000 km / 12 months||5000/10000|
|i20 1.4i (2012 – )||G4FA||3,6 l||Synthetic 5w30||20 000 km / 12 months||5000/10000|
|i20 1.6i (2008 – 2010)||G4FC||3,3 / 0,3 l||Synthetic 5w30||20 000 km||5000/10000|
|i20 1.6i (2010 – 2011)||G4FC||3,3 l||Synthetic 5w30||15 000 km / 12 months||5000/10000|
|i20 1.1 CRDi (2012 – )||(U-series)||4,8 l||20 000 km / 12 months||5000/10000|
|i20 1.1 CRDi DPF (2012 – )||(U-series)||4,8 l||20 000 km / 12 months||5000/10000|
|i20 1.4 CRDi (2008 – 2012)||D4FC||5,3 / 0,5 l||20 000 km / 12 months||5000/10000|
|i20 1.4 CRDi DPF (2008 – 2012)||D4FC||5,3 / 0,5 l||20 000 km / 12 months||5000/10000|
|i20 1.6 CRDi (2008 – 2010)||D4FB||5,3 / 0,5 l||20 000 km||5000/10000|
|i20 1.6 CRDi DPF (2008 – 2010)||D4FB||5,3 / 0,5 l||20 000 km||5000/10000|
Size of the Hyundai i20’s engine oil
Two engine options are available for the Hyundai i20 built between 2008 and 2012: a 1.2-liter gasoline engine and a 1.4-liter diesel engine. The amount of engine oil that each type of engine can hold is as follows:
- 3.2 liters from a 1.2-liter gasoline engine
- Diesel engine with 1.4 liters: 4.2 liters
It’s crucial to keep in mind that the engine oil capacity can change based on the size and type of the oil filter. For the correct engine oil capacity and oil specifications, always refer to your vehicle’s owner’s manual.
Type of Oil to Use
The 5W-30 fully synthetic engine oil is advised for use in Hyundai i20 models produced between 2008 and 2012. Choosing the right engine oil can increase fuel economy, lower emissions, and lengthen engine life.
Optimal Oil Filter
The oil filter is a crucial part of the engine oil system because it helps clean the engine oil of impurities and debris.
The Hyundai Genuine Oil Filter, which was created especially for Hyundai engines, is the suggested oil filter for the Hyundai i20 produced between 2008 and 2012.
Regularity of Oil Changes
The health and performance of the engine depend on routine oil changes. For Hyundai i20 models produced between 2008 and 2012, the suggested oil change interval is every 10,000 kilometers or 12 months, whichever comes first.
However, it’s advised to change the oil more frequently if you frequently drive in harsh conditions like high temperatures, dusty environments, or stop-and-go traffic.
How to Check the Oil Level in an Engine
To make sure the engine is properly lubricated, it is crucial to regularly check the oil level. The Hyundai i20’s engine oil level can be checked as follows:
- Turn off the engine after parking the vehicle on a level surface.
- Locate the engine oil dipstick by opening the hood.
- The dipstick should be removed and cleaned with a cloth.
- The dipstick should be fully reinserted into the oil reservoir before being removed.
- Examine the dipstick for the oil level. Between the “MIN” and “MAX” marks, the oil level should be. Add more oil until the level reaches the “MAX” mark if it is below the “MIN” mark.
Hyundai i20 with engine 1.2 l.
- Car fuel type: gasoline.
- Type of engine G4LA.
- Motor capacities: 1248 cubic centimeters (75,77 cubic inches).
- The volume of oil pans and engines: 3.5 liters or 3.69 Quarts US which is 0.92 Gallons US.
- Manual gearbox oil capacity 1.9 1 l or 2 qt, or 0.5 gall.
- Recommended engine oil for engines: 5w/30.
- The recommended manual gearbox oil is 75w90.
- If you’d like to know precisely which engine oil is suggested for your vehicle and the viscosity that you should utilize, please leave us an email in this article with the following information such as the model and model of a car engine, the capacity of the machine either gasoline or diesel, year of manufacture and the amount of horsepower in kw or horses has your vehicle.
Hyundai i20 Oil Filter
- ZipFilters: The company offers an oil filter of premium quality that works with those with the i20, Getz (diesel), and Verna Fluidic as well as Creta models. This filter can improve the performance of your engine by transferring heat and absorption of dust particles.
- Trodo.com: They offer the MANN-FILTER W811/80 oil filter that is compatible with the Hyundai I20. It is a top oil filter that is available with a spin-on type filter.
- BOSCH: BOSCH provides an oil filter that is compatible with the Hyundai i20, i10 Atos Prime, Amica, Atoz, and MX models that have 1.0-1.2L engines. The oil filter was designed for efficiency and works with a variety of Hyundai models.
Hyundai i20 2007 – 2012 Oil Change
To carry out an oil change for the engine on the Hyundai I20 model produced between 2008 to 2012 Follow these steps:
- Make sure that the car is placed on a level area and that the vehicle’s engine is cool.
- Get the required tools and equipment, including an oil filter that is new as well as the recommended oil for your engine (5W-30 completely synthetic) as well as an empty drain pan and the wrench.
- Find the drain plug to oil underneath the engine. Install the drain pan under it to capture the old oil.
- Utilize a wrench to loosen and then remove your drain pipe. Let the old oil fully drain to the bottom of the pot. Be careful since it may become hot.
- After the oil is completed draining, put it back in the drain plug and secure it tightly.
- Locate the oil filter that is usually situated near the pan for oil. Utilize an oil wrench remove and then remove the old filter. Be cautious, because it may contain oil.
- Before putting in the new oil filter Apply an even layer of oil that is clean to the gasket made of rubber that is on top of the filter. This will help create a good seal.
- Install the new filter by hand, rotating the filter clockwise till it is secure. Do not over-tighten.
- Lift the hood to locate the cap that fills up with oil. It is removed.
- Place a funnel in the hole for filling oil and fill it in the amount recommended for brand-new oil for your engine. Consult the owner’s manual or the oil container to determine the proper amount.
- After the oil is added After adding the oil, replace the cap that holds the oil in place.
- Begin the engine, and allow it to run for a couple of minutes. Look for leaks in the drain plug. If you find there are the slightest leaks switch off the engine, and tighten the area affected.
- Switch off the engine and let it stand for a while. Examine the level of oil with the dipstick. You may need to add oil until you reach the correct level.
- Clean up any oil spills and dispose of old oil and filter appropriately. A lot of auto parts stores and service stations will accept oil that is used to be recycled.
If you follow these steps following these steps, you can successfully replace the engine oil in your Hyundai i20. It’s essential to read the owner’s manual to find specific directions and follow the suggested maintenance schedule for your vehicle.
Also, Related some Article:
If you are looking to change the filtering of the engine such as the fuel filter air filter cabin air filter, and oil filter, we can help by providing information on how much oil is required for on a Hyundai i20 need and where to find the location of all the filters on your vehicle.
Should you need to ask any questions, do not hesitate to send us a message at the bottom of this article. One of our experts will assist your question in a matter of minutes.
On this website, you can find out how to reset your oil indicator of service on your Hyundai I20 after you have changed the motor oil.
If you are looking for a solution like how much oil your vehicle uses and the time you need to fill up with oil for your vehicle, what’s the viscosity of oil, or oil weight, please leave comments. What happens when your car’s engine oil is sucked into the water tank.
For more posts visit our website: https://engineoiil-capacity.com/
Hyundai i20 2008 – 2012 Engine Oil Capacity
The most efficient engine oil to use on the Hyundai I20 Active model is Shell Helix HX7 5W-40 for diesel. This is 100% synthetic engine oil. Shell HX5 15W-40 can be used used for petrol.
Hyundai Elite i20 (2014-2018) comes with a tank that can hold 45 liters. With its elegant design, a great features list, and powerful engine Hyundai the i20 was the most loved vehicle within the Indian market. It also has a small fuel capacity of 45 liters.
In reality, this implies that each oil is viscous at lower temperatures, and remains viscous even at 30degC. However, 5w40 oil is more effective than fivew30 oil at temperatures higher and is effective to temperatures of 50degC instead of 30degC.
5w30 provides the best cold start properties. Alternating 5w30 with 15w40 will result in higher fuel consumption due to the increased load on the crank of your engine. The fact is, it’s not going to blow off. You will wear out your engine faster since the oil won’t get into your moving elements as fast!
It is a great car. Hyundai I20 is an extremely good vehicle Its main drawback is inadequate visibility. Apart from that, it’s excellent in every aspect.
Hyundai claims 76.3mpg fuel efficiency, which is a possibility. In terms of petrol engines, the majority of customers prefer the 1.2-liter engine, and with good reasons. In addition to being the least expensive to purchase the official data suggests that it will yield the equivalent of 57.6mpg as well as the CO2 emission of just 114g/km means the road tax will cost you just 30 cents per year.
With the most sophisticated security features. The brand-new i20 provides the most comprehensive safety suite in its class.
The 6 airbags are designed to offer maximum security as well as the electronic stability control (ESC) that includes Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) as well as emergency stop signals (ESS) to ensure peace of mind.
The capacity of the engine oil for the Hyundai I20 2008-2012 models generally can range from 3.3 to 3.8 milliliters, based on the engine type.
This is advised to replace the oil in your Hyundai I20 every 5,000 – 7500 miles (8,000 to 12,000 km) or every six months, whichever is first. It’s best to check your owner’s manual for specific guidelines of the manufacturer.
The recommended type of engine oil for the Hyundai I20 2008-2012 models is 5W-30, a fully synthesized engine oil. It is a great lubricant and performance in diverse weather conditions.
Although synthetic oil is suggested in the Hyundai i20 but you can apply normal engine oil of at least the viscosity recommended (5W-30) in the event that it is not synthetic and is unavailable. But synthetic oil typically provides greater performance and security for your engine.
The answer is no. It is generally not advised to mix various brands of engine oils. It is best to stick with one type and brand of oil to ensure consistent performance and consistency. Mixing different brands or kinds of oil may impact the performance of the oil and could cause engine problems.
To test the engine oil level, simply park the Hyundai i20 on a level surface, then shut off the engine, then take a couple of minutes for the oil to be absorbed. Find the dipstick, typically with a yellow handle. remove it out then clean it and then insert it back in its place and then remove it. The level of oil should be in between those “MIN” or “MAX” markings on the dipstick.
If the oil level in your engine is low it is recommended that you should apply the recommended engine oil and bring it to the correct level. Make sure you make use of the correct type of oil and consult the owner’s guide to learn the exact procedure and the amount.
The overfilling of the oil in your engine can cause harm to the health of the engine. It is essential to keep the level of oil within the recommended levels. If you happen to overfill you have to take out the excess oil and return it to the proper level.
Yes you should. It is advised to replace the oil filter at each oil change. Oil filters play an important function in getting out dirt and contaminants that are in the motor oil. The replacement of the filter will ensure that the new oil is pure and free of contaminants.
Although you is possible to carry out the oil change yourself but it is advised to seek the advice of an expert technician or consult the owner’s manual for more detailed instructions. They can help you follow the steps necessary to make sure you get an efficient and correct changing of the oil in your Hyundai i20.
At SM CAR CARE, we are dedicated to providing top-quality maintenance and repair services for vehicles of all types. As part of our commitment to keeping our customers informed, we have created a blog that focuses on engine oil types and capacities for different vehicles. Our team of experienced mechanics has a deep understanding of the importance of choosing the right engine oil for a car, knowing the correct oil capacity for each vehicle, and understanding the impact that oil type can have on engine performance.
We created this blog to share our expertise with vehicle owners who want to keep their cars running smoothly and efficiently. Our blog covers a range of topics related to engine oil, including the engine oil capacity for various cars, the importance of using the right oil type, and the impact that engine oil prices can have on overall vehicle health.