Honda GX390 oil Type: It is the Honda GX390 is a popular engine used in a wide range of different applications, such as Generators, Pressure Washers, And even lawnmowers. To ensure that your GX390 runs well, it is essential to replace the oil regularly.
I’ll look at the type of oil capacity, filter, And the cost of changing the oil on this model of the Honda GX390. I’ll also give some suggestions to change the oil by yourself.
- Oil Type: It requires SAE10W-30 oils. It can be used with synthetic or conventional oil.
- Capacity: Its capacity to oil for GX390 is 1.16 quarters (1.1 1 liters).
- Filter: The GX390 is an ordinary spinning-on filter for oil.
- Price of Change: The cost of changing the oil in the GX390 will vary based on the location As well As the kind of oil used. But, you should anticipate paying between $20 And $30 for the labor and parts.
Honda gx390 Oil Type
If you’re employing GX390 for extreme temperatures, you might require An oil with A different viscosity.
For instance, if are using it At temperatures that Are below -20 degrees, you must use SAE 5W-30 oil.
If you’re operating it at temperatures higher than 100 degrees, you must make use of SAE 10W-40 oils.
Honda gx390 Oil Capacity
The capacity of oil in this engine from Honda is 4.1 Liters (4.26 US quarts). This includes the engine oil As well As the gear oil.
The capacity for engine oil is 3.4 milliliters (3.52 US quarts), And the capacity of gear oil is 0.7 Liters (0.74 US quarts).
For the Honda GX390 motor, it is recommended to use SAE 10W-30 API SG or higher oil.
Additionally, consider changing the filter And oil every 200 hours or each season, depending on what comes first.
Honda Gx390 oil filter
- K&N Oil Filters
- K&N offers high-performance filtering for the Honda GX390 engine. These filters provide outstanding filtering As well As high flow rates of oil.
- OEM Honda Oil Filter
- The authentic Honda oil filter, part number 15400-PLM-A02PE is specifically designed to fit GX610, GX610K1, GX610R1 As well As GX610U1 engines, As well As other models.
- Engine Fuel Tank Oil Filter for Honda GX 390
- This filter is suitable for A range of Honda engines such As GX 390, 340, GX 390, 350, 270, 340 200 160 140, 120, and 110.
- Genuine Honda OEM Oil Filter
- The 15400-PFB-014 filter is an authentic Honda OEM component that is suitable for the GX360, GX610, GX620, GX630, and GX640 engines.
Honda GX390 Engine Specs
It is the Honda GX390 is A popular And powerful single-cylinder, 4-stroke horizontal shaft engine extensively employed in A variety of applications, including engines, pressure washers, And even water pumps. This table summarizes its main specifications:
|Type of engine
|Single cylinder, 4-stroke Single cylinder,
|Bore x Stroke
|88 x 64 mm
|Net power output
|11.7 horsepower (8.7 8 kW) at 3600 RPM
|Max torque net
|26.5 Nm (2.7 kgfm) at 2500 RPM
|PTO shaft rotation
|Counterclockwise (from PTO shaft side)
|8.2 : 1
|Fuel tank capacity
|Recoil (electric start, optional)
|Dimensions (L x W x H)
|406 x 460 x 448 mm
Honda GX390 Oil Change Step-by-Step Guide
If you want to change the oil in your Honda GX390 engine follow these simple steps:
- The machine must be parked on A level surface.
- Shut off the motor. Allow it to cool down.
- The cap on the oil filler needs to be removed.
- Install A drain pan over the top to take the oil out.
- Use A wrench to take off the plug that drains the oil.
- The oil should be removed out of the pan.
- Once the oil has been removed and the drain pipe has been replaced, you Can replace the plug and then tighten the bolt with the aid of A wrench.
- Clean the tank of oil.
- Apply A thin layer of oil that is brand new to the gasket on the filter that has been replaced.
- Set up the filter holding it with your hands until you feel the filter is securely in place.
- Be sure to add fresh fuel to the motor.
- Replace the cap that is used to hold the oil.
- Start the engine And let it run for a couple of minutes.
- Make sure that the oil is At the proper level. Add oil if needed.
When you adhere to these steps and the recommended intervals for oil changes You will be able to ensure your Honda GX390’s engine continues to operate efficiently and smoothly.
People Also search for Honda Gx390 oil type
|Honda Gx390 oil specifications
|Honda Gx390 oil fill
|Honda Gx390 service manual pdf
|Honda Gx 390 oil change
|Honda Gx390 engine oil capacity
|Honda Gx390 oil capacity
|oil for Honda Gx390
Thanks for the opportunity to learn About your Honda GX390’s capacity for oil and the type. It is essential to use the recommended type of oil SAE 10W-30 motor oils to ensure the correct amount of oil within the engine.
It is vital to remember it is important to note that the Honda GX390 engine can use oil within the range of 1.16 quarters (1.1 Liters) It is vital to select an oil that is high And meets Honda’s standards for optimal performance and protection of the engine.
I hope this post can help you answer any questions you may have about the kind of oil that is used by the Honda GX390 and its capacity.
If you have additional questions or concerns, you can read the owner’s guide or consult An approved Honda dealer.
For more posts visit our website: https://engineoiil-capacity.com/
FAQ honda gx390 oil type
What is the oil capacity of a Honda GX390?
What is the oil capacity of a Honda gx390? Engine Type Air-cooled 4-stroke OHV Air cleaner Dual element Oil Capacity 1.16 US qt ( 1.1 L) Fuel Tank Capacity 6.4 U.S. qts ( 6.1 liters) Fuel Unleaded 86 octane or higher
What kind of engine does a Honda GX390 RT2 have?
The Honda Honda GX390 RT2/T2/UT2 is a 0.39 l (389 cc, 23.7 cu·in) single-cylinder air-cooled 4-stroke internal combustion small gasoline engine with horizontal shaft, manufactured by Honda Motor for general-purpose applications. From spring 2010 onwards, Honda produced the updated version of GX390 engines with larger displacement.
What kind of oil does a Honda gx340k1 take?
The Honda GX340K1 produces 11.0 HP (8.2 kW) at 3,600 rpm and 24 Nm (2.4 kg·m, 17.0 ft·lb) of torque at 2,500 rpm. It has a bore and stroke of 82.0 mm x 64.0 mm. Maintenance data. Also, what kind of oil goes in the Honda pressure washer? Replace the drain plug. Refill the pump with DP70 pump oil if available. SAE 30W non-detergent oil will also work.
When did the Honda GX390 K1 engine come out?
From spring 2010 onwards, Honda produced the updated version of the GX390 engines. These engines meet the most stringent exhaust gas emission regulation, EPA Phase III. The Honda GX390 K1 has an overhead valve design, a single-cylinder inclined by 25°, a transistorized magneto ignition system, and a horizontal carburetor with a butterfly valve.