2018 Toyota Highlander oil type: You may wonder what kind of oil you should use if you own A Toyota Highlander 2018.
The longevity And performance your vehicle will enjoy Are dependent on the oil you choose. I will cover the most popular oil for the 2018 Toyota Highlander.
This includes their capacity, average price, And benefits. I will also discuss the oil change intervals for each type.
Popular Oils For The 2018 Toyota Highlander
- Synthetic Blend Oil – Synthetic blend oil consists of A combination of synthetic and conventional oil. It offers better protection from engine wear than conventional oil. The average cost of synthetic blend oil per gallon is $30 to $40. Oil change intervals for synthetic blend oils are around 5,000-7500 miles.
- Full Synthetic Oil – Full synthetic oil is entirely made from chemical compounds. It offers better protection from engine wear than synthetic blend oils. The average price of full synthetic oil per gallon is between $50 and $70. Full synthetic oil requires oil changes every 7,500 to 10,000 miles.
- High Mileage Oil – is for vehicles that have over 75,000 miles. It has additives to reduce oil consumption, engine wear, And leaks. The price of high-mileage oil ranges from $30 to $40 per gallon. Oil change intervals for high mileage oil are around 5,000-7500 miles.
- Conventional Oil is crude oil – The most affordable oil type, it offers less protection from engine wear than full synthetic or synthetic blend oil. The price of conventional oil ranges from $20 to $30 per gallon. Oil change intervals for conventional oil are around 3,000 to 5,000 miles.
2018 Toyota Highlander Oil Capacity
Oil capacity varies for a Toyota Highlander 2018 depending on the engine type:
- The oil capacity for a 4-cylinder 2.7L engine is about 4.6 quarts (4.33 liters), with a change of filter.
- A 3.5L engine with a V6 configuration has an oil capacity of approximately 6.4 Quarts (6.0 Liters) after a filter replacement.
These capacities are only approximate. Refer to your Toyota dealership or your owner’s handbook for any specific recommendations and the exact oil capacity for your 2018 Highlander.
2018 Toyota Highlander Oil Change
Follow these simple steps to change the oil in your 2018 Toyota Highlander.
- Be sure to park the vehicle on a flat surface and with the engine cooled.
- Then, gather the necessary materials and tools, including an oil filter, the proper amount and type of engine oil (typically synthetic 0W-20), an oil filter wrench, a drainage pan, and gloves.
- Locate the oil drain plug located under the vehicle. Place the pan beneath it.
- Remove the oil plug using a wrench or socket that fits your size. Allow all the old oil in the pan to drain.
- While the oil is draining locate the filter. Typically, it is located at the bottom of your engine.
- Remove the old oil filter using an oil filter tool. Some oil may remain inside.
- To ensure that the seal is good, take the new filter and apply fresh oil in a thin film to the rubber gasket.
- Install a new oil filter manually, by rotating it in a clockwise direction until it is snug. Avoid over-tightening.
- After the old oil has been drained, install the oil drain plug. Tighten the plug securely.
- Refer to the owner’s manual for recommended oil capacities. Pour new engine oil at the proper amount into the oil filler.
- Replace the oil cap after adding the lubricant.
- Start your engine and run it for a couple of minutes to circulate any new oil.
- Check the oil using the dipstick. You can adjust the oil level by adding additional oil.
- Finally, look for any leaks around the filter and drain plug. Wipe up any spills and drips.
- Dispose of old oil filters and oils at designated recycling centers or as per local regulations.
People Also search for 2018 toyota highlander oil type
|recommended oil for the toyota highlander
|the best oil for the toyota highlander
|toyota highlander motor oil
|toyota highlander price
|toyota highlander in India
|toyota highlander hybrid
|toyota highlander trim
|toyota highlander hybrid price
Selecting the correct type of oil to use on your new Toyota Highlander is essential for its longevity and performance overall.
Synthetic oil is suggested for maximum protection and performance, however, conventional oil may also be used in the event of need.
It’s crucial to consider aspects like climate and driving conditions as well as the recommendations of the manufacturer when selecting the type of oil.
Whatever oil type you select it’s essential to change your oil frequently to ensure your vehicle’s efficiency and durability.
For more posts visit our website: https://engineoiil-capacity.com/
FAQs – 2018 Toyota Highlander oil type
What kind of oil does the 2018 Toyota Highlander take?
The oil type for the 2018 Toyota Highlander is full synthetic SAE 0W-20 in all temperatures. The 2.7L 4 -cylinder engine can hold 4.6 quarts and the 3.5L V5 holds 5.8 quarts, both with new filters.
How much does a Toyota Highlander oil change cost?
Toyota Highlander Oil Change costs $103 on average. Synthetic oils provide more than enough protection for your engine components if you have chosen the right viscosity oil and a good, reliable product. By maintaining the correct synthetic oil change interval, you extend the life of your engine.
What kind of oil does a 2017 Toyota Corolla take?
The 2017 Toyota Corolla, for instance, recommends a viscosity of SAE 0W-20 with an oil grade of ILSAC GF-5 multigrade engine oil. It is also recommended in the manual that you should use Toyota Genuine Motor Oil if you can. Toyota Highlander Oil Change costs $103 on average.
How often should you service your Toyota Highlander’s oil?
Well, as it turns out, Toyota says you should bring your Highlander to “scheduled maintenance” every 5,000 miles (or 6 months). However, “scheduled maintenance” does not necessarily mean an oil and filter change.
At SM CAR CARE, we are dedicated to providing top-quality maintenance and repair services for vehicles of all types. As part of our commitment to keeping our customers informed, we have created a blog that focuses on engine oil types and capacities for different vehicles. Our team of experienced mechanics has a deep understanding of the importance of choosing the right engine oil for a car, knowing the correct oil capacity for each vehicle, and understanding the impact that oil type can have on engine performance.
We created this blog to share our expertise with vehicle owners who want to keep their cars running smoothly and efficiently. Our blog covers a range of topics related to engine oil, including the engine oil capacity for various cars, the importance of using the right oil type, and the impact that engine oil prices can have on overall vehicle health.