2017 Chevy Cruze LT Oil Type: In order to keep your 2017 Chevy Cruze LT in top condition and ensure optimal performance, it’s important that you maintain it.
Oil changes are an important part of vehicle maintenance. This guide will examine the specifics regarding the 2017 Chevy Cruze Oil Type, Capacity, Filter Recommendations, and Average Cost of an Oil Change.
Recommended Oil Typ: The recommended oil for the 2017 Chevy Chevy Cruze LT LT is 5W-30. This viscosity type is perfect for all types of weather and will protect your engine. If you live somewhere with a cold climate then 0W-30 is the oil to use.
Capacity Of Oil: The oil capacity is 4.2 quarts for the 2017 Chevy Cruze LT, including the oilfilter. Check that you have sufficient oil in your vehicle before beginning the oil change.
Oil filters: ACDelco PF53 filters are recommended for the 2017 Chevy LT Cruze. This filter was designed specifically to meet the engine’s requirements.
Oil Change Cost: A 2017 Chevy Cruze LT oil change costs an average of $59 – $73. Included are oil, the filter, and labor. Costs may be higher if you use synthetic oils.
2017 Chevy Cruze LT oil Type
The 2017 Chevy Cruze needs oil of type 5W-30. The current Chevy Cruze has a capacity of 4.5 Quarts. This is a summary of the information found through a search.
- Use 5W-30 oil.
- Other useful oils include 0W-30 for extremely cold climates.
- Oil capacity: 4.5 quarts
- Mobil 1 is another oil brand that we recommend.
- Torque for oil drain plug: 18 ft/lbs
- Visit this page to learn more about the capacity and type oil used in the other Chevy models.
2017 Chevy Cruze LT Oil Capacity
The 2017 Chevy LT has an oil capacity of 4.2 Quarts including the filter. This means you’ll need 4.2 quarts to properly fill the engine. Replace the oil filters every time you do.
Here’s a quick table summarizing the oil capacity for the 2017 Chevy Cruze LT.
|1.4L Turbo||4.2 quarts|
|1.6L Turbo Diesel||5.3 quarts|
2017 Chevy Cruze LT Oil Filter
Fram Extra Guard cartridge filter (part number: CH10246) is the recommended oil filter for the 2017 Chevy Cruze LT with a turbocharged 1.4L engine.
This filter will protect your engine for up to 10,000 miles. This filter is made of high-quality materials with a multi-layered construction to trap and capture harmful contaminants.
Other popular oil filters compatible with the 2017 Chevy Cruze Lt:
- Wix Filter Full-Flow Spin on Lubricant Oil Filter
- ECOGARD X10649 Premium Cartridge Engine Oil Filter
- Champion CDN10246 Cartridge Oil Filter
- K&N Oil Filter RP10246
- STP LF14505 STP Oil Filter
It is essential to choose an oil filter that is compatible with the engine and type of oil in your vehicle. Consider the warranty of the oil filter and the reputation of its manufacturer.
2017 Chevy Cruze LT Oil Change
- Warm up the engine a little.
- Park the vehicle on an even surface, and then engage the parking braking system.
- Open the hood, and locate the plug.
- Place the pan of oil under the oil drain plug.
- To drain the oil completely, loosen the plug of the oil-draining system with a socket.
- Replace the oil plug and tighten it according to torque specifications.
- Locate the oilfilter housing.
- You can use an oil filter wrench to remove the filter.
- Remove the oil filter from the vehicle and drain all remaining oil in the oil drain pan.
- Apply a thin layer of new oil to the gaskets on the new oil filters.
- By hand, screw the new filter onto the housing until snug. Do not overtighten it.
- Open the hood. Look for the cap that holds the oil.
- Remove the filler cap for the oil and insert the funnel through the opening.
- Pour new engine oil slowly, while monitoring the level of oil.
- Once the oil tank is full, replace and tighten securely the oil cap.
- Start your engine and run it for a few seconds.
- Check the oil filter and drain plug for any leaks.
- Wait for a while after you turn off the car.
- Check the oil level. If necessary, add more oil.
- Do not forget to dispose of your old oil and filters.
People Also search for 2017 chevy cruze LT oil type
|chevrolet cruze lt|
|2017 chevy cruze oil requirements|
|2017 chevy cruze oil capacity|
|best oil for chevy cruze|
|chevy cruze 2014 oil type|
|2011 chevy cruze oil weight|
|chevy cruze 2013 oil type|
|2014 chevy cruze oil change|
Selecting the correct engine oil to go with your new 2017. Chevy Cruze LT is essential to ensure the best performance of your engine and its longevity.
Take into consideration factors like the viscosity of synthetic and conventional vs. traditional oil performance ratings and the recommendations of the manufacturer.
Synthetic blend oil (also known as full synthetic oil and conventional oil are all options that are suitable, according to your personal preferences and the driving conditions.
Make sure you check the oil on a regular basis and adhere to the instructions of the manufacturer regarding oil replacements.
By taking maintenance of the Chevy Cruze L’s engine you can guarantee an enjoyable and safe driving experience.
For more posts visit our website: https://engineoiil-capacity.com/
FAQs – 2017 Chevy Cruze lt oil type
How much oil does a 2019 Chevy Cruze take?
How Much Oil Does a Chevy Cruze Take? The 2019 1.4L LE2 Turbo Chevy Cruze takes 4.2 quarts (4 liters) of 0W-20 oil with a filter. Engine oil is critical for the engine’s proper functioning and long life.
What kind of engine does a Chevy Cruze have?
The Cruze has more weight than many compact automobiles, giving it the impression of being a safe, sturdy vehicle. Choose a first-generation Cruze with the 1.8-liter engine if you truly want one because it has fewer problems than the 1.4-liter turbo.
Is the Chevrolet Cruze a good car?
The Chevrolet Cruze is a sporty little vehicle produced by General Motors and marketed worldwide. At first glance, it appeared to be an improvement over previous Chevy small cars like the Cavalier and Cobalt, with its appealing design and ample interior space.
At SM CAR CARE, we are dedicated to providing top-quality maintenance and repair services for vehicles of all types. As part of our commitment to keeping our customers informed, we have created a blog that focuses on engine oil types and capacities for different vehicles. Our team of experienced mechanics has a deep understanding of the importance of choosing the right engine oil for a car, knowing the correct oil capacity for each vehicle, and understanding the impact that oil type can have on engine performance.
We created this blog to share our expertise with vehicle owners who want to keep their cars running smoothly and efficiently. Our blog covers a range of topics related to engine oil, including the engine oil capacity for various cars, the importance of using the right oil type, and the impact that engine oil prices can have on overall vehicle health.