2015 VW Passat TSI Oil Type: Maintain the 2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI running smoothly by using the correct oil type capacity, filter, and type. Here’s a thorough guide to aid you in making sure the engine of your vehicle is properly Lubricated and well-protected.
The type of oil: For optimal performance make sure you use an oil made of Synthetic with viscosity 5W-30 or 5W-40. This will give your engine the protection it needs under a variety of driving conditions.
The capacity for oil is: Your 2015 Passat TSI is equipped with an engine capacity of 5.2 Quarters. Be sure to fill it up with the amount recommended to keep the proper levels of lubrication.
Oil Filter: Make sure you use an OEM premium oil filter to make sure that the filter is as efficient as possible. This will keep your engine’s fluid clean and free of any contaminants.
Price of Oil Change: The price of the oil change for the year 2015. Passat TSI is between $50 to $100. This includes the Cost of the oil as well as filtering And labor.
2015 VW Passat TSI Oil Type
The recommended oil for the 2015 VW Passat TSI is fully synthetic and compliant with VW 502 00 Specifications. This specification, developed specifically for gasoline engines, requires the oil to meet certain performance requirements, including protection against wear, sludge removal, and resistance to oxidation.
A few well-known brand names for full-synthetic oils that are compliant with specifications of the VW 502 00 specifications are:
- Mobil 1 0W-40
- Castrol Edge 5W-40
- Valvoline SynPower 0W-40
- Liqui Moly Leichtlauf High Tech 5W-40
- The Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic Full Synthetic 5W-40
It is vital to keep in mind that you should use only the type of oil that is recommended by the vehicle’s manufacturer. The Wrong type of oil could cause damage to the engine and invalidate the warranty.
2015 VW Passat TSI Oil Capacity
The recommended capacity for oil for 2015. VW Passat TSI is 5.2 quarters (4.9 Liters). However, the amount of oil required may differ based on the particular vehicle’s engine configuration and transmission. It is always recommended to refer to the owner’s manual or a certified technician to find out the precise amount of oil required for your vehicle.
Here’s a breakdown of the capacity of the oil in different combinations of transmission and engine in the new 2015 VW Passat TSI:
|Engine||Transmission||Capacity for Oil|
|1.8L The TSI||Manual||1.9 liters (2.0 quarts)|
|1.8L The TSI||Automatic||5.5 liters (5.8 quarts)|
|2.0L TSI||Manual||5.2 liters (5.5 quarts)|
|2.0L TSI||Automatic||5.8 liters (6.1 quarts)|
2015 VW Passat TSI Oil Filter
This year’s VW Passat TSI uses a cartridge-type oil filter. The exact filter’s part number will depend on the model of the engine. For instance, the 1.8L TSI engine uses part number 06L 115 562, And of the 2.0L TSI engine uses part number 06L 115 462.
Here are the most highly-rated oil filters for this year’s VW Passat TSI:
- Wix 51334XP This is a very popular option on VW Passats. It is constructed with synthetic media. It also has an anti-drain valve to keep oil from leaking through the motor.
- Bosch 3300 The filter can be an alternative to use on VW Passats. It’s also made of synthetic media and comes with a bypass valve to ensure the engine is protected in the event of a blocked filter.
- Fram PH8A It is an affordable option for VW Passats. It is constructed with top-quality materials and comes with an encased filter for the highest level of filtering.
Whichever filter you pick, make sure to change it according to the interval recommended by your mechanic. For the majority of VW Passats, this would be every five to seven miles. to 7500 miles.
2015 VW Passat TSI Oil Change
For the oil replacement on a 2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI, follow these steps:
- The engine should be warmed up for a couple of minutes to allow the oil to flow more smoothly.
- Switch off the engine and then raise up the rear of your vehicle by using ramps or jack stands.
- Locate the drain plug in the base of the pan.
- Place the drain pan for oil beneath the plug for draining.
- Release the drain plug using a 19mm wrench, and allow the oil to be completely drained.
- After the oil has been drained replace the drain plug and the bolt to 22 feet-pounds.
- Find the housing for the oil filter located on top of the engine.
- Release the oil filter housing using a socket of 32mm.
- Take care to remove the housing of the oil filter and allow any oil left to be drained out.
- Take your old filter out of the filter housing.
- Apply a thin coating of brand new oil to the gasket of the new filter.
- Install the fresh oil filter to the housing for the oil filter.
- The oil filter’s housing must be tightened by hand.
- Add 5 quarts of new fully synthetic, Volkswagen-approved 502 motor oil to the engine.
- Replace the cap on the oil filler.
- The car should be lowered to the level of the ground.
- Begin the engine, and allow it to run for a couple of minutes.
- Examine for leaks around the drain plug and the oil filter housing.
- Switch off the engine, and then look at the level of oil. You can add more oil if needed.
People Also Searches 2015 vw Passat tsi oil type
|vw Passat recommended oil|
|2015 volkswagen passat oil|
|2015 Volkswagen Passat oil capacity|
|oil for 2015 vw TDI|
|2015 vw passat tdi oil|
|2015 passat tdi oil type|
|2015 vw Passat engine oil|
|2015 vw Passat motor oil|
Selecting the correct oil type suitable for your 2014 VW Passat TSI is crucial to ensure optimal motor performance as well as protection.
Volkswagen suggests using conventional or synthetic oil that conforms to API SN specification or ACEA A3/B4 standard.
It is crucial to follow the recommended maintenance schedule and test the level of oil regularly to ensure that your vehicle is operating smoothly.
If you take good care of your 2014 VW Passat TSI, you can have reliable and effective transport for years to come.
For more posts visit our website: https://engineoiil-capacity.com/
FAQs – 2015 vw passat tsi oil type
What kind of oil does a VW Passat take?
VW Passat 1.9 TDI Oil Specs 1992-1995 Passat 1.9L TDI models use VW 505 00 oil spec. 1996-1997 Passat 1.9L TDI models with AHU or IZ Engine Codes use VW 505 00 oil spec. 2004-2005 Passat 2.0L TDI models with BHW Engine Code use VW 505 01 oil spec.
What kind of engine does a VW Passat TSI have?
VW Passat TSI 1.8L I4 Engine Oil Change Guide How to change the motor oil and replace the filter in a 2014 to 2016 Volkswagen Passat TSI with the 1.8L turbo I4 engine.
What kind of oil does a 2005 VW Jetta take?
2004-2005 Jetta 1.9L TDI models with BEW Engine Code use VW 505 01 oil spec. 2005-2006 Jetta 1.9L TDI models with BRM Engine Code use VW 505 01 oil spec. Recommended VW Golf oil, specifications, quality standards, and oil viscosity weight is specified in your owner’s manual.
What is the drivetrain of a 2015 Volkswagen Passat B8?
What is the drivetrain of, the Volkswagen Passat (B8) Sedan 2015 1.8 TSI (180 Hp)? Front-wheel drive. Internal Combustion engine. The Internal combustion engine (ICE) drives the front wheels of the vehicle.
What kind of oils should I apply to the 2015 VW Passat TSI?
Volkswagen recommends using synthetic oil that is in compliance with the specifications of the Volkswagen 502 00 specifications.
What is the best oil to put in the 2015 VW Passat TSI?
The use of synthetic oil, compliant with Volkswagen 502 00 specifications, is advised to ensure optimal performance and long-lasting durability, even though conventional oil may meet the minimum requirements for your vehicle.
At SM CAR CARE, we are dedicated to providing top-quality maintenance and repair services for vehicles of all types. As part of our commitment to keeping our customers informed, we have created a blog that focuses on engine oil types and capacities for different vehicles. Our team of experienced mechanics has a deep understanding of the importance of choosing the right engine oil for a car, knowing the correct oil capacity for each vehicle, and understanding the impact that oil type can have on engine performance.
We created this blog to share our expertise with vehicle owners who want to keep their cars running smoothly and efficiently. Our blog covers a range of topics related to engine oil, including the engine oil capacity for various cars, the importance of using the right oil type, and the impact that engine oil prices can have on overall vehicle health.