Volkswagen Golf IV Engine Oil Capacity: Inspecting and maintaining the condition of your Volkswagen Golf IV is essential to ensure maximum performance and long-term durability. A major and essential element of car maintenance is regular oil replacement.
Understanding the proper capacity of your engine oil of the Golf IV is essential for not overfilling or underfilling which could result in to damaged engine.
In this complete guide, I’ll explore how much Volkswagen Golf IV engine oil capacity and provide the exact amount of oil needed for the specific type of engine you have.
I’ll also discuss the recommended intervals for oil changes as well as the type of oil to make use of for the Golf IV.
Volkswagen Golf IV (1997 – 2006) (EU) Engine Oil Capacity
The engine oil capacity for a Volkswagen Golf IV (1997-2006) (EU) varies depending on the specific engine type. Here’s a table summarizing the engine oil capacity for different engine types:
|Engine Type||Engine Code(s)||Oil Capacity (Liters)|
|1.4L 16V||AHW, AKQ, APE, AXP, BCA||3.2|
|1.6L 8V||AEE, AKL, AZD||3.8|
|1.8L 20V Turbo||AJH, AEB||4.5|
|1.9L TD||AAZ, AHK, AGR, ANF, AFN||4.5|
|1.9L TDI||ALH, AHH, ASV, AXR, BEW||4.5|
|2.0L 8V||AER, AEB, AFH, AKS||4.2|
|2.0L FSI||BBY, BBZ||4.5|
|2.3L V5||AQY, AZX||4.5|
Volkswagen Golf IV oil Type
The table below shows the type of oil recommended by Volkswagen for the various engine types for the Volkswagen Golf IV:
|Engine Type||Oil Type|
|1.4 16V||SAE 5W-30 or 0W-40|
|1.6||SAE 5W-30 or 0W-40|
|1.8 20V||SAE 5W-30 or 0W-40|
|1.8 20V Turbo||SAE 5W-30 or 0W-40|
|2.0||SAE 5W-30 or 0W-40|
|2.3 VR5||SAE 5W-30 or 0W-40|
|2.3 V5 20V||SAE 5W-30 or 0W-40|
|2.8 V6||SAE 5W-30 or 0W-40|
|1.9 SDI||SAE 10W-40 or 15W-40|
|1.9 TDI||SAE 5W-30 or 0W-40|
Volkswagen Golf iv Oil Type by Year
The recommended oil type by Volkswagen for the Volkswagen Golf IV may depend on the year the car was manufactured.
The table below outlines the oil type suggested by Volkswagen for various models for the Volkswagen Golf IV:
|1997-2000||SAE 5W-30 or 0W-40|
|2001-2004||SAE 5W-30 or 0W-40|
|2005-2006||SAE 5W-30 or 0W-40|
Volkswagen Golf IV oil Filter
Here are a few oil filters you can make use of for the Volkswagen Golf IV:
- Bosch 0451155610: is a very popular option because it’s manufactured by the exact same manufacturer who makes the original (OE) oil filter you will find in your vehicle. It’s also fairly affordable.
- Mann-Filter HU 721x: It is a good alternative. It’s made of premium filter media that is able to filter out pollutants and keep them from your engine.
- Fram PH3614: It is a budget-friendly alternative which is nevertheless a top quality filter. It is constructed with synthetic filter media which provides high-quality filtration and long-lasting.
- Hengst H721XC: It is a top-quality oil filter constructed from cellulose filtering media. It’s also compatible with various engines and makes it an adaptable choice.
- K&N OC270: This is a performance oil filter made to remove more pollutants than the standard oil filter. It also has an extremely high-quality filter material that is able to withstand temperatures and pressure.
When you are choosing the right oil filter to fit your Volkswagen Golf IV, it is crucial to check that it’s compatible with the engine you have.
This information is available in the owner’s manual of your car. It is also crucial to change the filter on your oil each time you change your oil. This will ensure that your engine is running smoothly and will help to prevent wear and tear.
Volkswagen Golf IV Change Engine Oil
The engine oil must be changed on a regular basis to ensure that the engine runs smoothly and to prevent wear and wear and tear. To change the oil in your engine take these steps:
- Park the car on an even surface.
- Switch off your engine, and allow it to cool down.
- Find the drain plug for oil.
- Put a pan on top of the drain plug for oil.
- Use a wrench to loosen the plug for draining oil.
- Let the oil run off into the pan.
- Replace the drain plug for oil and tighten it using a wrench.
- Clean your oil filter.
- Apply a thin coating of oil that is new to that gasket on the oil filter that has been replaced.
- Install the new filter with your hands until it’s snug.
- Inject new oil into the engine.
- Verify the level of oil and add oil, if necessary.
Keep visiting our site for more information about your Volkswagen Golf IV engine oil capacity. Do you expect any change?
then suggest me your suggestion is valuable for me. Have any questions write a comment. For more detail visit our site regularly I always welcome you here. Thank you for visiting our site.
For more posts visit our website: https://engineoiil-capacity.com/
FAQs – Volkswagen Golf IV engine oil capacity
How much oil does a Volkswagen Golf need?
Most golf, petrol, and diesel require synthetic 5W30 oil to function properly. The oil capacity of the Golf varies by model. A five-liter bottle will provide you with a bit more for topping up.
What oil does a VW Golf 1.4 take?
Oil must be VW504. 00/507.00 Standard, which is always a 5w30 viscosity. It should be clearly marked VW LONGLIFE oil on the bottle. If the quantity is less than 1/2 liter, you can top it up with oil according to standard 502.00 (0w40, 5w40).
How much oil does a 2005 Volkswagen Golf take?
You get the best for your golf. Filter 4.4 quarts Use 0.5L (0.5-qt) to reduce the engine’s capacity. Let the engine run until it reaches operating temperature. 60°C (140°F), turn the engine off, wait 3 minutes, then check the dipstick and fill to the full mark, as indicated on the dipstick.
How much is a VW Golf oil change?
The cost of an oil change for many Volkswagen vehicles can range from $99 to $134. If you are interested in the exact cost of an oil change, we recommend that you contact our service department before making any decisions. Although the price of an oil change can fluctuate, it usually covers all costs associated with an oil change.
At SM CAR CARE, we are dedicated to providing top-quality maintenance and repair services for vehicles of all types. As part of our commitment to keeping our customers informed, we have created a blog that focuses on engine oil types and capacities for different vehicles. Our team of experienced mechanics has a deep understanding of the importance of choosing the right engine oil for a car, knowing the correct oil capacity for each vehicle, and understanding the impact that oil type can have on engine performance.
We created this blog to share our expertise with vehicle owners who want to keep their cars running smoothly and efficiently. Our blog covers a range of topics related to engine oil, including the engine oil capacity for various cars, the importance of using the right oil type, and the impact that engine oil prices can have on overall vehicle health.