2012 Jetta S Oil Type And Capacity: After all, keeping the 2011 Jetta S in top condition is essential for A safe And enjoyable experience.
One of the most important aspects is A regular oil change to ensure that your engine is safe And lubricated.
With A myriad of choices for engine types And options Available, understanding An oil replacement process could be a bit confusing.
Worry not, fellow Jetta enthusiast! This guide will provide the most important information you need, direct from the official Volkswagen sources As well As the most current price data.
2012 Jetta S Oil Type
The oil of choice for Jetta S in 2012 Volkswagen Jetta S is SAE 5W-40, a synthetic oil that is compliant with the requirements of Volkswagen 502 00 specification.
This oil type is engineered for top-tier engine protection under all driving conditions. Using synthetic oils is crucial for European cars, as they often feature high-performance engines.
Here are some instances that show SAE 5W-40, synthetic oils that are in line with the requirements of VW 502 00 standards:
- Mobil 1 FS European Car Formula Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-40
- Castrol Edge 5W-40 European Formula Full Synthetic Motor Oil
- Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40 Full Synthetic Motor Oil
- AMSOIL Signature Series European Car Formula 5W-40 Full Synthetic Motor Oil
- Liqui Moly Leichtlauf High Tech 5W-40 Full Synthetic Motor Oil
Always consult your owner’s manual to identify the recommended oil type and viscosity specific to your vehicle.
2012 Jetta S Oil Capacity
The capacity of oil in 2012. Volkswagen Jetta S depends on the type of engine.
- 2.0L 4 cylinders: 4.9 Quarts (with filter)
- 2.5L 5 cylinders: 6.3 Quarts (with filter)
It is important to keep in mind it is An entire capacity, which includes An oil filter. To change your engine oil only Add around 0.5 quarters less than the total capacity And then test the level of your oil following the run of your engine short period.
2012 Jetta S Oil Filter
The oil filter on the Jetta S from the 2012 Volkswagen Jetta S is A 3/4-16 inch thread size, also known as M27-1.50.
Here Are A few well-known oil filter brands And parts numbers for the Jetta S in 2012. Jetta S:
- Volkswagen: 06D115562
- Mobil 1: M1-205A
- Fram: PH3696
- Bosch: 3330
- ACDelco: PF1224
It is crucial to remember that these Are only the most common examples There Are many different brands And parts readily available.
When you Are choosing one of the oil filters, it’s crucial to ensure that it’s the right dimension and thread size for your car.
2012 Jetta S Engine Specs
It was 2012 and the Jetta S offered two engine choices each with their unique set of strengths and weak points. Here’s a rundown of their specifications in table format:
|Single-overhead camshaft (SOHC)
|Double-overhead camshaft (DOHC)
|55 hp @ 5200 RPM
|170 HP @ 6000 RPM
|150 lb-ft at 4250 rpm
|171 lb-ft at 4400 rpm
|5-speed manual or 6-speed automated
|fuel economy (Combined)
|25 MPg (Manual) 24 mpg (Automatic)
|Acceleration (0-60 mph)
|10.1 minutes (Manual), 10.8 seconds (Automatic)
|Affordable, fuel-efficient, reliable
|Smoother, more powerful and more precise handling
|A little less powerful, with lower torque Technology that is outdated
|More fuel efficient, but slightly more expensive
2012 Jetta S Oil Change
- The engine must be heated to A temperature of about minutes. This will help reduce the oil’s volume And assist in helping it to drain.
- Turn off your engine And then park the car on A level surface.
- Install the drain pan to collect oil beneath the plug to Aid in emptying the oil.
- Use the socket or wrench to take out the drain plug.
- Let the oil be completely removed from the pan.
- After the oil has been pumped through And the drain pipe has been replaced, it is possible to change the plug. You can then tighten it using the wrench or socket.
- Place the drain pan to collect oil in the filter to collect oil.
- Utilize a wrench to get rid of your oil filter.
- Apply a thin layer of fresh oil to the gasket on the filter that you just replaced.
- Connect the filter holding it with your hands until you feel the filter is secured.
- The cap on the oil filler has to be removed before adding fresh fuel to the engine.
- Change the cap of the fuel filler.
- Start the motor And allow it to run for A few minutes.
- Check the amount of oil And Add oil should it be necessary.
- Turn off the engine remove the filter And oil in the correct order.
People Also Searches 2012 Jetta s oil type and capacity
|2012 jetta se oil change
|2012 VW Jetta oil change
|2012 jetta 2.5 oil type
|2012 Volkswagen Jetta oil type
|2012 VW Jetta oil specs
|recommended oil for the Volkswagen Jetta
|2012 Volkswagen Jetta oil capacity
|oil for VW Jetta 2.5
Thank you for taking the time to read this article on the oil type that is available for the Jetta S in 2012. Jetta S! I hope you find it useful.
To remind you the Jetta S of the 2012 Jetta S requires a synthetic oil with a viscosity between 5W-30 and 5W-40.
Regularly changing your oil is among the most essential steps you can take to ensure your engine runs well and extends its life. If you follow the easy steps in this article it is easy to replace the oil on the 2012 Jetta S at home.
I hope that you have an amazing day!
For more posts visit our website: https://engineoiil-capacity.com/
FAQ – 2012 Jetta s oil type and capacity
How much oil does the 2012 VW Jetta take?
The engine oil capacity of the 2012 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 4-cylinder and S 4-cylinder trim levels is about 4.9 quarts. The capacity of the S 5-cylinder, SE 5-cylinder, and SEL trim levels is about 6.3 quarts. The capacity of the TDI trim levels holds about 4.5 quarts of engine oil.
How much does it cost to change the oil in a Jetta?
Oil needs to be changed because it does not last forever. For the Jetta, it should be changed every 10,000 miles or every 12 months, whichever comes first. The cost of a change is $40 to $50 in labor costs. Sue S. August 29, 2019
What kind of oil do you use in your VW?
Your dealer uses Castrol Edge 5w 40, but any 502.00 VW spec full synthetic oil will suffice. Expect a cost of $8-10 per quart, with occasional discounts at local auto parts stores, even up to $3 off per bottle.
At SM CAR CARE, we are dedicated to providing top-quality maintenance and repair services for vehicles of all types. As part of our commitment to keeping our customers informed, we have created a blog that focuses on engine oil types and capacities for different vehicles. Our team of experienced mechanics has a deep understanding of the importance of choosing the right engine oil for a car, knowing the correct oil capacity for each vehicle, and understanding the impact that oil type can have on engine performance.
We created this blog to share our expertise with vehicle owners who want to keep their cars running smoothly and efficiently. Our blog covers a range of topics related to engine oil, including the engine oil capacity for various cars, the importance of using the right oil type, and the impact that engine oil prices can have on overall vehicle health.