The Honda Pilot’s recommended oil change interval is either 7,500 miles or yearly, whichever comes first.
The Honda Pilot requires premium-grade 0W-20 detergent oil with an API Certification seal on the container, as per the owner’s handbook.
Motor oil from a genuine Honda motor is the greatest option, although you may also use different engine oil of the correct …
Honda pilot motor oil type
Yes, I can assist you to find the correct type of motor oil for a Honda Pilot. The type of oil recommended for the Honda Pilot also depends on the model year and engine type. The following are suggested oils for each type of engine:
- 2003-2008 models 5W-20 and 5W-30 blend synthetic oil
- 2009-2015 models Full synthetic 5W-20 oil
- 2016-2021 models Models include: Models with 0W-20 full synthetic oil
It is essential to choose the type of oil recommended to ensure proper lubrication and performance. Check your owner’s guide or consult a qualified mechanic if uncertain about the type of oil to choose.
Honda pilot motor oil Capacity
Sure, I’d like to help you determine the capacity of motor oil for the Honda Pilot. The capacity of the oil also varies on your model year and the type of engine. Here are the capacities of oil for every type of engine:
- The 2003 and 2008 models: 4.5 quarts (4.3 liters) with filter changes
- From 2009 to 2015 models: 5.5 quarts (5.2 liters) with filter change
- The 2016-2021 models: 4.9 quarts (4.6 liters) with filter change
It’s critical to use the proper amount of oil to maintain maximum engine efficiency and lubrication.
Additionally, make sure to use an oil filter of the highest caliber and to change your oil according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. Should you ever have concerns or questions it is best to go through your owner’s guide or an experienced mechanic for more information.
Honda pilot motor oil Filter
Yes, I can assist in the search for the correct motor oil filter for a Honda Pilot. A recommended filter for oil will depend on what model year and the engine type. Here are a few suggested oil filter types for each type of engine:
- The 2003 to 2008 models: Fram PH7317 or Honda OEM oil filter
- From 2009 to 2015 models: Fram PH7317 or Honda OEM oil filter
- 2016.2021 models: Fram Ultra Synthetic XG7317 or Honda OEM oil filter
It is crucial to select an oil filter that is of the highest caliber and meets or surpasses the manufacturer’s requirements. If you use a poor quality or incompatible oil filter can result in low engine performance, lower performance, or even engine damage. If you’re uncertain about the oil filter to choose, then refer to the owner’s manual or consult a certified mechanic for additional advice.
Honda pilot motor oil Change
Sure, I can provide you by providing information on replacing the oil in your motor in the Honda Pilot. Here are the procedures to follow when changing your oil.
- Make sure you have the right equipment and materials you’ll require a clean oil filter and the right kind and quantity of motor oil and drain pan wrenches and funnel.
- Find the drain plug and the oil filter The oil filter and drain plug are usually found on the base of an engine. Refer to the manual of your owner in case you’re not sure of their location.
- The old oil should be removed: Place the drain pan under the drain plug. Use an instrument to remove the plug. Let the old oil be completely drained.
- altering the filter Replace the oil filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations after throwing away the old one. Make sure you lubricate the gasket on the new filter with a small amount of new oil prior to installation.
- Fill the tank with fresh oil Utilize funnels to add the proper amount of new motor oil in the. Make sure to make use of the correct type of oil and quantity as that is recommended by the maker.
- Start the engine after adding to the oil with new, you can start the engine and look to see if there are any leaks within the oil filter as well as drain plug.
- Verify the level of oil after you have run the engine for a short period switch it off and test the level of oil by using the dipstick. If needed, add more oil.
Remember to dispose of the old oil and filter in an environmentally-friendly manner. If you’re not confident making an oil change by yourself it is possible to bring your vehicle to a reputable mechanic for expert service.
People Also Searches Honda pilot motor oil type
|See all 5 rows on 21cylinders.com
|2021 Honda pilot oil requirements
|honda pilot recommended oil
|2016 honda pilot recommended oil
|honda pilot 2004 oil recommendation
|2011 honda pilot oil recommendation
|oil for honda pilot 2004
|2011 honda pilot oil type
|2016 honda pilot motor oil
|Motor OilMotor oil, engine oil, or engine lubricant is any one of various substances that consist of base oils that enhance…
The recommended type of motor oil for the Honda Pilot is different by model year as well as the type of engine.
It’s essential to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for oil type and intervals to change it for your particular model along with the date to assure the best engine performance and durability.
Generally, 5W-20 or synthesized blend oils are suggested for older models and 5W-20 fully synthetic oil is suggested for more recent models.
Always consult your owner’s manual or speak with an authorized Honda technician if uncertain regarding the correct oil for your vehicle.
FAQs – Honda pilot motor oil type
What kind of oil does a Honda Pilot use?
Genuine Honda engine oil works best, but you can also use another engine oil with the recommended viscosity. The Honda Pilot, a medium-sized SUV, was introduced in 2003 and replaced the old Honda Pass.
How much is an oil change for a Honda Pilot?
From 2011 onwards, most new Honda vehicles will come factory-fitted with Honda’s synthetic oil 0w-20. The average cost of a Honda Pilot oil change is between $115 and $145.
What type of oil should I use in my Honda Accord?
While I agree that Honda does not recommend a specific type of oil, this would be my advice to you. If you are going to follow the maintenance minder and change oil at the 7000-9000 range, go with full synthetic.
What’s the V6 engine oil capacity in a pilot?
The Pilot’s oil capacity for the 3.5 V6 engine is 5.4 quarts with a new filter. The Questions and Answers on this page are the statements and opinions of their respective authors and not VehicleHistory.com. VehicleHistory.com does not research or authenticate any of the Answers provided.
Which is the best-recommended kind that motor oil is recommended for Honda Pilot?
The oil type recommended that is recommended for Honda Pilot varies by model year and the type of engine. In general 5W-20 or 5W-30 blend oils that are synthesized are recommended for older models. models 5W-20 that are fully synthetic are recommended for more modern models.
Do I need to use conventional oils in the Honda Pilot?
Generally speaking, it is recommended to use synthetic blends or fully synthetic oil in the Honda Pilot. But, if a manufacturer recommends regular oil in your specific model or year, then you can use it, provided it meets the specifications of the manufacturer.
What happens if I want to make use of a different viscosity other than that suggested in the Honda Pilot?
The answer is no is it not recommended to choose a different viscosity than that recommended by the manufacturer? A different viscosity can affect the performance of your engine and create damage.
What is the frequency I need to change the oil in my engine in the Honda Pilot?
The suggested interval for oil changes in the Honda Pilot is typically every 7,500-10,000 miles, depending on the model year as well as the conditions of your driving. It is essential to stick to the recommended intervals for oil changes by the manufacturer for your specific model and year.