Honda Odyssey PAG Oil Type
2011 – 2021 Honda odyssey oil type: API Premium grade 0W-20 detergent oil; 2002 – 2010 Honda odyssey oil type: API Premium grade 5W-20 detergent oil; 1995 – 2001 Honda odyssey oil type: API Premium grade 5W-30 detergent oil; Below is a detailed overview of the recommended oil types with specific brands, their features, pros, and cons for further …
What is PAG Oil?
PAG oil (or Polyalkylene Glycol) is specifically made for automobile AC compressors.
Fully synthetic hygroscopic oils are compressor lubricants that use R-134a as refrigerants.
You must understand how much PAG oil to apply to your AC system.
Each form of PAG oil comes with a unique number such as PAG150 and PAG VC-46.
This number is used to indicate the PAG viscosity. It’s similar to 10W30 which indicates regular engine oil’s viscosity.
The owner’s manual will tell you the correct PAG oil viscosity to use for your AC compressor.
To prevent your compressor from premature failure, you should follow these steps:
- Preparation for compression: Before you start the operation, make sure to check what type of compressor is being used. If you are reusing an older compressor that has been filled with oil, it will need to be drained and new oil added before it can be reinstalled. To ensure that the compressor starts up properly, oil should be added to it.
- Flushing your AC system: Your compressor may make noises when it experiences internal failure. The small particles in the compressor can cause noise. They mix with the oil and travel throughout the AC system. It is important to flush this contaminated oil as soon as possible.
- Removal and replacement of particles. Evacuation does not remove all particles. You will need to disassemble the system and replace any that are blocked. It is usually the condenser that will need to be replaced. This is because particles can get lodged in the condenser after they have been sent from the compressor. The evacuation process does not remove moisture or air. It does not remove oil.
- Make sure you use the right lubricant. The wrong oil can cause the compressor to fail and other AC components to become damaged.
- Avoid driving on bumpy roads. This can have a significant impact on your AC compressor’s life expectancy.
You should make sure to add oil as required by your compressor. This will ensure that your compressor starts up smoothly and that the oil spreads evenly throughout your car’s A/C system.
FAQ honda odyssey pag oil type
What is the PAG capacity of the 3rd gen Odyssey?
The 3rd Gen Odyssey has a PAG capacity of 6.75 ounces from the factory. The dual (Front and Rear) AC system makes things a bit more complicated. So when you replace the compressor, some PAG oil is still in the system (Dryer, Rear AC Unit).
Can you use PAG oil in a hybrid car?
CAUTION: PAG oils should NEVER be used in hybrid vehicles because it is electrically conductive. POE (polyol ester) oil is usually specified for hybrid cars that have electrically-driven A/C compressors because it is non-conductive.
Is there a universal PAG oil?
Because the various PAG oils all have different viscosities, it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to have a single oil formulation with the same viscosity characteristics as the original PAG 46, PAG 100, or PAG 150. The universal oil will be a compromise blend that fails to meet any of the OEM specifications.
Can I use Pao instead of PAG oil in a compressor?
In fact, the main reason for a newly installed A/C compressor to fail is using the wrong type of compressor oil. PAO (Polyalphaolefin) oil can sometimes be used as a substitute for certain PAG oils if the compressor manufacturer approves it.
Also, Related some Articles:
How To Add PAG Oil Into An AC System
How to fill A.C. Compressor with Pag oil
People Also Searches honda odyssey pag oil type
|where to buy honda oil|
|honda genuine engine oil|
|genuine honda motor oil|
|honda odyssey oil capacity|
|2011 honda odyssey ac compressor|
|honda ac oil capacity|
|2004 honda civic freon capacity|
|2015 honda accord freon capacity|
For more posts visit our website: https://engineoiil-capacity.com/