For the 2017 model year Dodge Grand Caravan we have found 2 trims and their corresponding recommended oil types.
Click on the name of the trim to open up the panel and learn more about the oil type, volume, and change period.
Recommended oil for my 2017 Grand Caravan
|Product Name||Product Description||Capacities|
|Signature Series 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil||Guard your vehicle against damage with the most advanced engine oil made from synthetics for the Grand Caravan.||Filter 5.9 Quarts after refilling, and verify the oil level.|
|XL 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil||Find the top artificial oil to fit the Grand Caravan.||Filter 5.9 Quarts after refilling, make sure to check the level of oil.|
|OE 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil||AMSOIL OE Synthetic Motor Oil has been specially designed to meet the longer intervals for oil changes suggested for vehicles in 2017. Dodge Grand Caravan 3.6L. It is a synthetic product with advanced technology that resists the breakdown of chemicals to provide the best wear protection for your vehicle. This goes well beyond the standard 3000-mile interval for oil changes. Make sure you give the 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.6L the most efficient oil change you’ve ever had!||Filter 5.9 Quarts after refilling, and verify the oil level.|
What happens if you don’t replace the oil on the car in 2017? Dodge Grand Caravan
Motor oil also has numerous additional benefits and functions that include:
- Helps protect the engine’s components from corrosion. A component found in the majority of oil is specifically designed in reducing oxidation and preventing corrosion.
- Helps improve the efficiency of the fuel. The less slipper the engine’s components, the less force is required to move them. This means less fuel is consumed by the engine.
- Helps prevent engine knocking – Because components that are similar to your engine pistons, don’t contact, the oil supplies lubrication and stops the parts from coming into contact. This prevents issues and damage that can be caused by engine knocking.
- Aids in reducing heat Apart from the explosions caused by the spark plug as well as gasoline, heat is generated through friction between engine components. Excessive heat can cause irreparable damage to critical engine components. When oil is moved throughout the engine, heat is transported to cooler parts. This cooling process ensures that there is no reason why any part of the engine can be too hot.
- Maintains your 2017. The Dodge Grand Caravan engine is clean It is vital for keeping the engine operating at its maximum efficiency. The oil collects dust particles and dirt and transports them to the filter, where they get caught. This helps reduce the risk of dirt accumulation inside the engine and damaging the engine.