Are you ready for a DIY Move? Before you hire a truck rental company, do your research. Although they may all look very similar, there are many differences between rental truck companies.
It is important to gather as much information before you make your decision. We have created this guide to Penske truck rental prices and options. It will help you compare different truck rental companies.
A truck rental can make your move more affordable than hiring a professional. But the budget is not the only thing that matters.
There are so many truck rental companies to choose from. Make sure you research features and terms as well as cost. Before making your decision, we recommend that you research at least three companies.
Penske is one of the companies that you are considering, so you’re in the right spot. These are the things you need to know before renting.
Penske Company Overview
Penske is known for its expertise in race cars, but Penske’s moving arm has also made a name for itself. Penske Truck Rental is a business unit within Penske Transportation Solutions.
Why use Penske to move? Penske offers refreshingly knowledgeable customer service, which is always available to help.
It’s also helpful to have a website that answers all your questions and gives you more information than you could ever need about the company.
Penske operates more than 2,500 locations for rental trucks in the United States and Canada. Penske’s relatively small size (only 2,500+ locations compared with 20,000+ U-Haul locations), makes it a more personal rental experience.
How much does Penske cost?
Prices will vary depending on how big the truck is, how far you are going, and how long you have it. Penske is known for its discounts. This is a basic list, but Penske always has a deal on offer, depending on the season.
|Get Discounts||Take a Discount|
|The US military||All truck rentals 10% off|
|Students||All truck rentals 10% off|
|AAA||All truck rentals 12% off|
$129.44 Local Move – 3 Bedrooms, 5 Miles
Even before I was given the discount during the chat, the local move is very affordable. The cost of a 26-foot rental truck, which has enough space for a 3-bedroom home and a basement, from Fort Lee, New Jersey, to Ridgefield Park (New Jersey), was $129.44. Here’s the breakdown
- The daily fee is $79.99
- $.99 per mile driven (5 miles)
- $2 Environmental fee
- Vehicle licensing fee recovery fee 2.50
- $40 Limited Damage Waiver
- Total: $129.44
The truck will cost $129.44 in total. Penske automatically added $40 to the coverage with the limited damage waiver (LDW).
$2,089.05 long-distance move with 3 bedrooms and 1,200 miles
I booked a March 2021 move from northern New Jersey to central Florida for a 3-bedroom house, with a basement and a garage. I was charged $2089.05 which includes:
- For 6 days, rent the 26-foot truck for $1614.75.
- Unlimited mileage
- 2 dozen furniture pads ($15 per dozen)
- 2 hand trucks (each $20)
- Protection plans (Limited damage waiver for $132, and supplemental liability of $100.50)
- Sales tax of $162.80
- Environmental fee $9
- Total: $2,089.05
Penske’s cost is in line with U-Haul(r) or Budget(r). If you are eligible for discounts or promos, it might be worth speaking to an agent before making your online reservation. Penske offers many of these!
Penske Truck Sizes
Miles Per Gallon (up to)
|High-Roof Cargo Van||11’11” X 4’6″ X6’9″||Up to 1 room||404 cup. ft.||Up to 12 mpg|
|12 ft.||12′ X 6’6″ X 6’1″||1 to 2 rooms||450 cu. ft.||Up to 12 mpg|
|16 ft.||16′ X 7’7″ X6’6″||2 to 3 rooms||800 cup. ft.||Up to 12 mpg|
|22 ft.||21’11” X 8’1″ X8’1″||3 to 5 rooms||1,200 cu. ft.||Up to 13 mpg|
|26 ft.||25’11” X 8’1″ X8’1″||5 to 7 rooms||1,700 cu. ft.||Up to 13 mpg|
Penske Truck Rental moving services
Penske offers two types of moves
- Local Moves: Customers are required to pick up the truck and return it at the same place. Penske may charge a small per-mile fee to rent the truck.
- Long-distance moving: Also known as “one-way” moves, After unloading the truck, customers pick it up in one place and drop it off at their destination.
Penske offers five sizes of trucks, so you can choose the right size for your needs. Penske also rents and sells packing supplies. All moves come with roadside assistance. Customers have the option of towing a car behind their truck.
|Truck type||Capacity (cubic feet)||Weight limit (pounds)||Move size|
|High-roof cargo van||404||3,500||Studio apartment|
|12-foot||450||3,100||Studio or two rooms|
|16-foot||800||4,300||Studio to one-bedroom|
What to do if you need additional services?
Penske has partnered with many companies to make your move as easy or complex as possible.
- U–Ship: You don’t have to worry about finding another company to ship your items. U-Ship ensures that your stuff is safely shipped to your new residence.
- Supply Side – You don’t need to spend time in the local markets looking for packing supplies. Supply Side offers high-quality moving supplies, and you don’t need to worry about what your stuff might do inside the boxes.
- Updater – Moving is a complicated process. It’s easy to lose track of the important things that you need to do during and before the move. The updater can help you organize and list all tasks associated with your move, such as transferring utilities or looking for a new internet service provider.
- Simple Moving Labour: Many people have health problems and lifting heavy objects is not a good idea. Simple Moving Labor ensures that you do not have to lift heavy objects during your move.
- Hire Helper This company allows you to hire helpers for the packing/unpacking and loading/unloading of your stuff. Penske will offer a flat 10% discount if you book their service.
- Sparefoot – If you need to move immediately from your home and your new place is not ready yet, you won’t be able to store your stuff in a rented truck. Sparefoot can take care of all your storage needs.
About Penske Rental
There is a lot of stuff to transport when you are moving. You will need to rent a truck for this job. Penske Truck Rentals is one of the best choices.
Penske Truck Rentals has been in operation since 1960 and is a well-respected truck company that offers many different trucking services.
Penske Truck Leasing was founded by Roger Penske back in 1969. It offers a variety of options when it comes to trucks.
Penske Truck Leasing offers truck leasing, truck rentals, and truck fleet maintenance. They also sell used trucks. They have the expertise to assist you if you are looking to rent a truck.
Penske Truck Rentals offers five types of trucks to choose from when renting a truck. A 12-foot truck can carry approximately one to two rooms’ worth of belongings.
A 24-foot truck can carry several rooms worth of goods. You can make an informed decision by comparing Penske Rental Prices.
Below are the most recent Penske rental prices.
How Much Does it Cost to Rent a Penske Truck for a Day?
Penske trucks are among the most affordable trucks to rent in the United States. One can be rented for as low as $130 per day.
You will pay more per day if you need a Penske truck for long-distance transport. Renting a Penske truck can cost you up to $1,200 per day.
Penske truck rental near me
Penske trucks are available for rent at $130 to $1,200 per day. Renting a Penske truck is more expensive if it’s larger than you actually need.
Additionally, the further you travel, the more you’ll have to pay.
Renting a Penske truck to drive a short distance will be cheaper than renting one for a longer distance. Penske trucks can be rented at select Home Depot locations and at Penske locations.