Dodge Grand Caravan. 2012. All 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan trims appear to use the same type of oil: 5W/20. Grand Caravan 3.6 V6, RT Expand. Acceptable Oil Types. 5W/20. Oil Stats. Engine Code: Pentastar.
Recommended oil for my 2012 Grand Caravan
|Product Name||Product Description||Capacities|
|Signature Series 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil||You can save time, money, and costly repairs at your auto repair shop! Amsoil will help you! Protect your Grand Caravan’s engine!||Filter 5.9 Quarts after refilling, make sure to check the level of oil.|
|XL 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil||Secure Your Grand Caravan with the best synthetic oil! Amsoil backs any claims with evidence! Support American Oil!||Filter 5.9 Quarts after refilling, and verify the oil level.|
|OE 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil||AMSOIL OE Synthetic Motor Oil has been specifically designed for the extended intervals of oil change that are recommended for 2012. Dodge Grand Caravan 3.6L. It is a synthetic product with advanced technology that is resistant to chemical breakdowns, ensuring the best wear protection for your vehicle. This goes well beyond the standard 3000-mile interval for oil changes.||Filter 5.9 Quarts after refilling, and verify the oil level.|
What happens if you don’t alter the oil of your 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan
Motor oil can also serve different functions and benefits that include:
- Helps prevent engine knocking because components, such as the pistons of your engine, don’t contact, the oil supplies the lubrication needed and stops the parts from coming into contact. This prevents issues and damages caused by knocking on the engine.
- Reduces heat. Apart from explosions generated by gasoline and spark plugs as well as the friction between engine components and this can cause damage to the basic engine parts. When oil circulates around the engine, heat is transferred away to cooler components. This process of dissipating heat ensures that every part of the engine will get too hot.
- In order to increase fuel efficiency. The less slippy the parts of the engine, the less force is required to move them, meaning less fuel is consumed by the engine.
- Helps protect the engine components from corrosion. One of the additives that are present in the majority of oils is specifically designed to reduce oxidation and prevent corrosion.
- It keeps your 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan engine clean It is essential to ensure the engine runs at its peak efficiency. The oil absorbs debris and dust particles and then transports them to the filter, where they get caught. This helps reduce the risk of dirt accumulating inside the engine and damaging the engine.